Dr. DiGiovanni is an internationally recognized foot and ankle surgeon. He earned his BA from Dartmouth College and MD from the Brown University-Dartmouth Medical School Program. Dr. DiGiovanni completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Brown University and several subspecialty fellowships:
- Orthopaedic Trauma, Brown Medical School
- Joint Replacement and Reconstruction, Cornell University Medical College - Hospital for Special Surgery
- Arthroscopy and Foot and Ankle Sports Medicine, Harbor-UCLA and USC Affiliated Hospitals
- Foot and Ankle Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine - Harborview Medical Center
- Foot and Ankle Travelling Fellow, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
Before MGH, Dr. DiGiovanni was a Chief of the Foot and Ankle Service at Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital. He served as Program Director for Orthopaedic Residency at Brown and directed its Foot and Ankle Fellowship Program as well as the Joe DiMaggio Sports Foot and Ankle Center.
Dr. DiGiovanni has been honored numerous times as one of America's Best Doctors and Top Surgeons. He was given the Excellence in Teaching Award by his residents and the Patient's Choice Award by his patients.
Dr. DiGiovanni received the Order of Merit from the Orthopedic Research and Education Foundation for distinguished philanthropy in the advancement of orthopaedic surgery and has been a member of surgical advisory boards for several major US companies. He helped patent many foot and ankle devices which received FDA approval, and he has lectured across the world on foot and ankle topics.
Dr. DiGiovanni is a fellow of the AAOS and remains an active member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society. He enjoys active involvement with the foot and ankle care of a number of collegiate, professional and Olympic athletes.